Assistant Early Child Educator Lady Huntingfield (Cert III) - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Melbourne (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Excellent work conditions including paid staff meetings
- Lady Huntingfield Childrens Centre
- Career development opportunities & Training programs
- Employee discounts program/Optional ADO
- 2 x 12 months contracts available, full time hours
- $59,314 plus 10.5% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
The Assistant Early Childhood Educator (Certificate III) provides high quality education and care for all children accessing each service. The Educator in this position will be guided by the Early Childhood Educator (Diploma / Degree), and shares responsibility for ensuring that the program reflects current best practice, and meets the individual needs of each child participating in the program. Programs will be informed by ‘Belonging, Being and Becoming’ Early Years Learning Frameworks.
Currently positions are located across 2 of the City of Melbourne managed Children’s Centres. These being; Lady Huntingfield Early Learning and Family Services Centre and North Melbourne Children’s Centre. Both services are open 7.30am to 6.00pm with shifts allocated to meet service requirements.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Approved Certificate III children’s services qualification or approved equivalent qualification
- Experience working in an Early Childhood Services environment with demonstrated knowledge of the National Quality Framework, which includes the National Quality Standards, Early Years Learning Framework and Regulations
- Ability to engage ethically, and respect the diversity and abilities of children and families
- Demonstrate self-motivation and initiative in day to day work and problem solving
- Ability to liaise with, support and follow directions given by Diploma / Degree qualified educators
- Current Level 2 First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma certificates that appear on the ACECQA approved qualification list.
- Willingness to take on responsibility of certified supervisor if required.
- Staff are expected to work shifts between 7.20am and 6.10pm, to accommodate the hours of operation of the centre, and to attend staff meetings and other centre directed activities out of working hours.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
*Lady Huntingfield Centre is a healthcare facility and all staff operating at this site are required to have a minimum 3 vaccinations against COVID-19*
How to apply…
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button
Please address your covering letter to Michelle Maschio, Coordinator at Lady Huntingfield Children's Centre
For further information about the position, please contact Michelle Maschio, Coordinator at Lady Huntingfield Children's Centre - Michelle.Maschio@melbourne.vic.gov.au
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm, Monday 31 January 2023
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2023
- VIC - North Melbourne
- $59,314 plus 10.5% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
After Hours/Out of School Care
Teaching - Early Childhood