Part time opportunity for a dedicated leader and customer service professional to manage the library operations
$77,352 plus 9.5% Superannuation (pro rata)
Permanent Part Time (28 hours per week)
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
The role of the Operations Librarian is to provide high quality library and information services to the community. In particular you will be required to:
- ensure rostered front of house staff provide excellent customer service
- ensure customer related activities at the service point operate effectively
- lead and manage the library’s shelving team ensuring collection maintenance activities at the service point are carried out efficiently and effectively
- recruit, induct and train shelving staff
Our ideal candidate will be a flexible self-starter with an operational focus and outstanding people management skills. You will value knowledge sharing and ensure that all staff are informed and competent with operational processes. With a high level interface with the public, you will have the ability to respond to varied situations in an appropriate and flexible manner in order to deliver effective outcomes.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships, partnerships and networks and efficiently manage high volume interactions.
- Ability to develop, deliver and manage high quality customer service in a library or similar work environment.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations, resolve problems and diffuse potential conflict
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities within a high volume environment and deliver on individual and team work timetable.
- Previous experience in library service operations and people management.
- Demonstrated ability to provide services and programs to all sections of the community, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and all abilities.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please apply via the City of Melbourne Careers Page. Link below.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to Kathryn Donkin, Library Branch and Operations Team Leader.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 31 January 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.