CityLab Educator - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Melbourne (View other jobs from this organisation)
$106,988 + 9.5% Superannuation
As a leading local government, the City of Melbourne aims to achieve our goal for Melbourne to be a bold, inspirational and sustainable city. Each year we deliver a vast range of projects and programs, designed to ensure we remain one of the world’s most sustainable, accessible and equitable cities.
The City of Melbourne is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety. We actively support diversity, inclusion and flexibility in our workplace and in turn are seeking people who can demonstrate and display our City of Melbourne values of accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and the desire to strive for excellence. Together we Make the Difference.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Bring your unique skill-set, personality, and experience to bring theory to life through creatively driven training and events, storytelling and real life examples that engage your audience in this newly created role as CityLab Educator.
You will work closely with the Head of Innovation Practice to design, develop and roll out a comprehensive capability building and engagement program. This program will be tailored to a variety of audiences including CityLab team members, project partners, organisational leadership and all City of Melbourne employees.
The CityLab Educator will be required to ensure team members, as well as key stakeholders, remain actively informed and appropriately engaged in the progress of their programs and projects, including any risks or issues that may arise. You will drive a measurable uplift in the awareness, understanding and application of CityLab’s practice of design-led innovation at all levels of the organisation.
You are someone who sees potential in every person and brings an infectious positivity and passion for design-led innovation to City of Melbourne.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Relevant certification – or equivalent experience – in learning and development or a related field
- Demonstrated experience with, and keen interest in, design-led innovation practices and associated methodologies, including human-centred design, service design, agile and lean
- Advanced presentation and facilitation capabilities and proven experience planning and administering training and events
- Ability to create a safe space to explore new ideas that respects diverse perspectives, engenders positivity, instils creative confidence in others and favours action-bias
- High level experience in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders at all levels and a sound understanding of stakeholder needs
- Proven experience effectively managing complex issues within a highly political, complex environment
- Ability to naturally lead conversation and engage people with strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly proactive with exceptional interpersonal skills, high integrity, pragmatism, professionalism, and efficiency
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable within a changing environment and delivering high quality outcomes.
To view the position description and physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Sarah McArthur, Head of Innovation Practice.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
The City of Melbourne respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, the Boon Wurrung and Woiwurrung (Wurundjeri) peoples of the Kulin Nation and pays respect to their Elders, past and present. We also recognise the strength and value of Aboriginal people and encourage their applications.
- Closing Date:
- 02 Feb 2020
- VIC - Melbourne
- $106,988 + 9.5% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time