Salary $113,499 (pro rata) + 9.5% Super + qualification allowance
Permanent Part Time Irregular Position
Are you an experienced MCH Nurse that is looking for flexibility in your workplace, more hours or to register your interest for work in the future with City of Melbourne?
The City of Melbourne MCH team works across seven centres within the municipality and Nurses will be required to work at any of these centres according to demand.
This Ongoing Opportunities Register will allow you to not only express your interest for work now if you wish or for work in the future according to your requirements.
Please note only suitably qualified MCH Nurses need apply however if you are due to graduate in 2019, please also register.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Your role as the Maternal & Child Health Nurse will be to provide high quality, family-centred health care service that promotes and protects the health of families with children 0 – 6 years in the municipality.
As the successful applicant, you will be required to have excellent communication skills that you will use to relate effectively with a diverse range of parents, children, family services team colleagues, allied professionals, workers across council and the local community.
This is a rare opportunity to join an innovative team working in City of Melbourne that works in an integrated model with Family Support and Counselling and Parenting Services.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others,and striving for excellence
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) & Midwife with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia in partnership with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Post graduate qualifications in Maternal & Child Health Nursing
- A good understanding of primary health care, health promotion and early intervention
- An understanding of the Victorian Maternal and Child Health Framework and Program Standards
- Specialised knowledge of women’s health, infant nutrition, child health, mental health child development and behaviour and family violence
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and contribute effectively to the team
- Endorsement as Nurse Immuniser – according to the requirements of the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development in Victoria
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working with Child First and Child Protection
- Computer skills- including CDIS software and general computer skills
- Current drivers’ licence
- Lactation Consultant qualification
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
Please be advised as part of your application you will need to submit certified copies of your Registered Nurse (Division1), Registered Midwife, Child and Family Health Qualifications and current registration with AHPRA.How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach certified copies of your Registered Nurse (Division1), Registered Midwife, Child and Family Health Qualifications (For MCH Students Child And Health Qualification to be provided at completion of course)
- Have you previously worked for or with City of Melbourne?
- respond to the following application question, which will appear as part of the application form:
There is no closing date for this register however as some positions are available immediately we encourage you to start your application as soon as possible.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
Important information before applying can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.