$125,138 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary 27 August 2018 to 8 May 2019
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
You will be responsible for leading and managing the Account Managers, Social Media Advisor, Marketing Advisor and Assistant within the Strategic Marketing team, in addition to working closely with the other teams within the Corporate Affairs and Strategic Marketing branch, and across City Economy and Activation Group to deliver integrated marketing communication solutions and high profile campaigns.
The purpose of this role is to effectively plan, develop and continually evolve a strategic year-round city marketing approach that supports the Council Plan’s objective of economic prosperity for city businesses.
The role equally has management focus leading a team that services internal clients with high quality marketing and communications solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of a content marketing approach and digital marketing, as well as traditional media
- Understanding how to engage and empower local businesses in developing their own marketing content
- Understanding behavioural trends, barriers, media consumption, market research in a city marketing context
- Leading the coordination of approvals, including documentation and presentation in preparation for senior officers
- Leading a team that manages city marketing campaigns and content, but also provides communications support to internal work areas across Council.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Demonstrated experience in managing marketing campaigns led with a content approach and a digitally-led focus. This will ideally include market research, advertising, collateral production, promotions, and budget management
- Proven experience in leading, developing and motivating a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated experience in developing briefs and preparation of a high standard of written reports and submissions to senior decision makers
- Demonstrated skills in personal communication, including the ability to instil confidence and enlist support; negotiate professionally; present campaign strategies and other information; influence stakeholder opinions and directions
- Experience in successfully developing and managing a substantial budget, providing “value for money” advice and in managing contracts and service providers
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment with competing demands and priorities. Proven ability to prioritise workloads and coordinate and manage multiple projects, with an ability to think creatively, broadly and work under pressure
- A relevant Tertiary Qualification (marketing, advertising, communication, brand management) and relevant and successful experience in the design, development and delivery of marketing and communications campaigns.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Jo Whyte, Branch Manager, Corporate Affairs and Strategic Marketing
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.