Senior Lecturer in Medical Education - [Archived Advertisement]
University of Tasmania (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
- Part time (0.5FTE), ongoing opportunity
- Located at the Launceston Clinical School, in close proximity to the Launceston General Hospital
- Provide academic leadership
The College of Health & Medicine incorporates the School of Medicine, School of Health Sciences, School of Nursing, Menzies Institute for Medical Research and Wicking Dementia and Research Education Centre. The College provides world-class research and teaching, offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the University’s Hobart, Launceston, Cradle Coast and Sydney campuses.
The Senior Lecturer in Medical Education will work collaboratively within a state-wide academic and administrative team responsible for designing and delivering core components of the teaching and assessment program for medical students across campuses.
- Make a strong and sustained contribution to the University in achieving strategic objectives and fulfilling operational responsibilities.
- Undertake scholarly coursework teaching of an exemplary quality.
- Be responsible for clinical teaching in the relevant specialty.
- Provide academic leadership.
- Participate in high-quality research of relevance to medical education.
To be successful in the role, your cover letter will need to demonstrate;
- Completion of a medical degree and current registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Awareness of key policies and procedures relating to education at the University level.
- Experience and achievement in teaching and learning.
- A strong record of clinical teaching and participation in the professional development of medical students.
- Clear interest in contribution to research of relevance to medical education.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $158,046 comprising base salary within the range of $118,946 to $135,082 plus 17% superannuation. In addition, a Clinical Loading may be applicable for the preferred candidate.
How to Apply
Applications must as a minimum include a resume, a cover letter, and responses to the position criteria contained in the position description. Applications for this position should be made via the University of Tasmania website at https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs.
For further information about this position, please contact Jan Radford, Associate Professor in General Practice, J.Radford@utas.edu.au; 0419 885 285 or 03 6777 8790.
Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday, 18 October 2020, 11.55pm.
- Closing Date:
- 18 Oct 2020
- TAS - Launceston
- Remuneration package of up to $158,046
- Work Type:
- Part Time
- Teaching - Tertiary