Research Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
The Florey Institute of Neuroscience & Mental Health (View other jobs from this organisation)
The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health is a medical research institute specialising in the brain and mind and is one of the world’s top 10 brain research centres. We employ exceptionally talented people who work to solve the greatest brain and mind challenges of our era. Our staff and students are the bedrock of our research and success, and we strive for excellence by fostering partnerships and empowering people. At the Florey our mission-driven culture enables our people to collaborate, thrive, learn, make ground breaking discoveries and advance humanity through brain and mind science.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity is available to join the Clinical Research Group as a Research Coordinator for the Dominantly Inherited Alzheimer Network study. The successful candidate will coordinate study activities, working with a dynamic multidisciplinary team across several institutions.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and liaising across teams involved in the study, including the use of multiple internal and external systems and databases
- Promoting study recruitment and awareness
- Scheduling participant visits including travel and accommodation bookings for interstate participants
- Collection of blood samples, performing ECGs and other trial related assessments
- Maintaining ethical and regulatory study approvals, contracts and budgets
- Maintaining data integrity and quality processes
Detailed information and key responsibilities are available from the Position Description which can be accessed here.
This position is fixed-term until 31 December 2022 and attracts a salary offer in the range of $74,010 (RA3) to $83,974 (RA6) commensurate with experience. This is a part-time position of 2 days per week (0.4 FTE) at our Oak Street site, but with the possibility of full-time, flexible hours and working from home.
Applicants who meet the criteria listed in the Position Description should submit their resume together with a cover letter no later than 5pm (AEST) on 18 October 2021.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Science/Nursing degree and/or suitable clinical trial experience (ECG and venepuncture experience desirable)
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice
- Understanding or experience with sponsored clinical trials is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent and adaptive IT skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
What we offer:
Working at the Florey offers you the chance to work with a dedicated group of researchers within a culture that focuses on equity, diversity and collaboration. Other benefits include:
- Generous salary packaging to maximise your benefits
- Up to 17% superannuation
- Wellbeing initiatives including flexible working opportunities and access to our employee assistance program
All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
- Closing Date:
- 18 Oct 2021
- Work Type:
- Part Time