Research Contracts Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
University of Technology Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Our vision is to be a leading public university of technology recognised for our global impact. We are a dynamic and innovative university, ranked by the Times Higher Education as Australia’s top young university, and located centrally in one of the world’s most liveable cities. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Research Office is recruiting for a Research Contracts Manager to draft and advise on research related contracts.
The role will act as Case Manager and contract support depending on the involvement of other Research Office team members. The role will also act as a bridge between the Research Office and faculties, giving general and specialist advice to faculties including advice on faculty delegated contracts
If successful in applying for this role, you will:
• Establish research projects and in particular negotiate and prepare complex UTS research related agreements for research projects either individually or as part of a specialist team with other team members of the Research Office to ensure compliance with the legal and policy requirements of the University
• Give both general and specialist advice to faculties and researchers in relation to project establishment and contract matters including advice on faculty delegated contracts
• Provide training or assist in the development of training materials to support the objectives of the Project Enablement Team
• Assist in the development of approved template research agreements and standard operating procedures for contract execution and management to achieve performance improvements.
• Assist with providing strategic advice on policy and procedural matters pertaining to the negotiation, execution management of contracts, especially in regards to faculty delegated contracts
Base Salary Range: $104,390 to $118,889 pa (HEW 8)
This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a continuing basis
How to Apply
For the full list of selection criteria and role responsibilities, please download the Position Description from the UTS website
In addition to your resume and cover letter, you are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC203154
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday 5th August 2021 at 11.59pm (AEST)
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia.
UTS Recruitment care about digital accessibility. If there is any content in our advertising that you have struggled with, please make us aware so that we can make our information accessible to all.
In addition, if you have a disability that requires adjustment to the recruitment process or an alternative application pathway please contact email@example.com for assistance.
At UTS, the concepts of equity and social justice are key to our core and purpose – we are recognised widely as supporting inclusivity and valuing diversity through our Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy, Social Impact Framework and UTS Access and Inclusion Plan.
Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, we are now among the first Australian institutions to receive the Athena SWAN Bronze Accreditation for our commitment to action addressing gender equity in the STEMM disciplines.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Aug 2021
- $104,390 to $118,889 pa
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Management - Universities