Graduate Research Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
University of Technology Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
UTS: Graduate Research School is recruiting for a Graduate Research Officer in order to provide high quality service and support for Higher Degree Research (HDR) students and the UTS research community focusing on scholarship related matters.
The key purpose of the Graduate Research School is to produce the next generation of researchers and graduates who can lead their profession and their industries. The organisational structure and work of the school is based on three strategic priorities, growth and capacity, researcher development and research quality. These three priorities capture both the functions of the school as well as the future direction of research and researcher education at UTS.
The Graduate Research Officer is responsible for effective and client focused administration of HDR degrees including admissions and scholarships, candidature management and support, governance and compliance.
- Provide advice and guidance to the UTS Research Community on all aspects of HDR administrative procedures, Scholarship conditions, UTS rules and policies.
- Provide high level service, support and administration to the UTS research community on HDR rules and procedures.
- Follow up with candidates and faculties on documentation and compliance matters.
- Interpret policy; provide advice on rules and procedures, to make recommendations to the Dean, GRS for approval.
- Prepare written notifications and correspondence for outcomes of requests and outcomes.
With examples, please outline in a separate document how you meet the six (6) selection criteria points per the Position Description:
- Knowledge and understanding of university policies and procedures, preferably related to research degrees
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritise workload and to meet deadlines in order to complete tasks and achieve objectives
- High level interpersonal, negotiation and relationship building skills with the ability to maintain good collaborative working relationships with a diverse range of people and networks
- Experience in handling payroll transactions, collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information is highly desirable
- Experience in administration in a customer focused environment, preferably in a large and complex organisation
- Excellent computer skills including high level proficiency in Microsoft Office with intermediate skills in MS Excel
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $71,774 to $82,110 pa (HEW 5)
This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a continuing basis.
How To Apply
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please click the apply link and download the Position Description from the UTS website.
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC199075
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 9th April 2020 at 11.59pm (AEST)
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia.
Please note: If you have a disability that requires adjustment to the recruitment process or an alternative application pathway please contact email@example.com for assistance.
At UTS, the concepts of equity and social justice are key to our core and purpose – we are recognised widely as supporting inclusivity and valuing diversity through our Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy, Social Impact Framework and UTS Access and Inclusion Plan.
Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, we are now among the first Australian institutions to receive the Athena SWAN Bronze Accreditation for our commitment to action addressing gender equity in the STEMM disciplines.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Apr 2021
- NSW - Ultimo
- $71,774 to $82,110 pa
- Work Type:
- Full Time