Faculty Research Engagement Manager
University of Technology Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Our vision is to be a leading public university of technology recognised for our global impact. We are a dynamic and innovative university, ranked by the Times Higher Education as Australia’s top young university, and located centrally in one of the world’s most liveable cities. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Research Office (RO) seeks to appoint a Faculty Research Engagement Manager (FREM) to extend support from RO into the Faculties by being embedded within the Faculty research offices, providing support that is contextualised to their specific needs. This role will be located within the Faculty of Health including the Graduate School of Health.
About the Role
You will play a lead role in the development of strategies and implementation activities that generate an increased volume in research funding from industry, government and grant funding bodies, and where appropriate develop translation activities that will deliver impact from research generated intellectual property.
In this role you will:
- Work with researchers and research teams on specific funding opportunities or competitive schemes to support potentially successful applicants to submit high quality proposals
- Undertake a holistic analysis of research capabilities, research interests, and potential funded areas of research within faculties
- Initiate and lead the development and implementation of effective competitive research grant funding strategies and conceptualise initiatives that significantly improve the impact and scale of high quality proposals
- Initiate and lead the development and implementation of industry partnership strategies that significantly increase the active engagement of businesses, government and community groups in developing and funding collaborative and contract research projects.
You are an enthusiastic and motivated professional with the drive to implement ambitious programs. You will have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with a wide range of people at all levels in both the public and private sectors.
You will also bring to this role:
- Broad knowledge of the University funding system in Australia and overseas, including competitive grants, industry funding and major initiatives such as CRCs
- Previous exposure to research processes including engagement and impact generation, funding applications and management, and research translation at a research institution
- Relationships with funders in the public, NGO, commercial and international sectors
- Experience with contract research agreements
- Ability to operate at both ‘big picture’ and day-to-day operational levels
- Proven ability to be innovative in identifying and developing research funding opportunities
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please blick the apply button to download the position description from the UTS website.
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $117,037-$122,610 p.a. HEW 9
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a fixed term basis for three years.
How to Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC140615, please review the Position Description and the relevant Selection Criteria.You are required to address the Selection Criteria in your submission in a separate document .
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted.
Enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: 19th September, 2019 at 11.59pm (AEST)
Applicants must have unlimited rights to work in Australia.
Please note: We are only accepting on-line applications for this post, however, if you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to provide us with information in this way, please contact the Recruitment Team for assistance.
UTS is committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Sep 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- $117,037 p.a.-$122,610 p.a.
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Management - Universities