Executive Manager Faculty Research Engagement - [Archived Advertisement]
University of Technology Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Executive Manager Faculty Research Engagement
Our vision is to be a leading public university of technology recognised for our global impact. We are a dynamic and innovative university, ranked by the Times Higher Education as Australia’s top young university, and located centrally in one of the world’s most liveable cities. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
About the Research Office
The Research Office is a central unit within the portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) and provides support for research activities across UTS in partnership with the faculty research offices and other support units, including identifying and accessing research funding, contracts, ethics, post-award, IP management and commercialisation and research data intelligence. In order to constantly improve the way we support our researchers, the Research Office is adopting a new operational team structure.
About the role
The Executive Manager Faculty Research Engagement is a critical role managing the Faculty Research Engagement Team and in promoting and supporting the development and management of external research engagement strategies. As part of the Research Office executive team, you will lead the development and implementation of a research engagement strategy, helping our academics to identify, develop and secure research funding opportunities, engage with end users of the research and delivering impact from the research outcomes.
Day to day you will:
- manage the Research Office Faculty Research Engagement team
- provide high level coordination and co-design with the various faculties to ensure excellent support from the central Research Office
- ensure close coordination with the Executive Managers of the other Research Office teams to ensure a seamless integration of process and effort across the office
- lead the development and implementation of a research engagement strategy for faculties, schools, centres and institutes and provide training and support as required
- lead reporting progress against strategy and engagement metrics.
- manage the Faculty Research Engagement Team budget
To be successful in securing the role you will:
- have an understanding of the current Australian Higher Education environment
- have an understanding of the imperative for universities to engage with end users of research and evidence this engagement
- have an understanding of best practice in research engagement strategy and implementation
- have the ability to analyse and synthesise complex information from a variety of sources into a digestible format
- have experience working in a university, research institute, or higher education setting
- possess demonstrable experience in engaging with end-users of research
- have experience managing a high performing team
- have demonstrated expertise in building highly effective working relationships with research active academics and with external stakeholders, including an ability to exercise initiative, tact and discretion in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential matters
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: An attractive and competitive salary package will be negotiated with the appointee. Salary packaging is also available.
This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a fixed term basis for three years
How To Apply
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please click the apply link and download the Position Description from the UTS website.
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC125767.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: April 8th at 11.59pm(AEST)
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia
Please note: If you have a disability that requires adjustment to the recruitment process or an alternative application pathway please contact email@example.com for assistance
At UTS, the concepts of equity and social justice are key to our core and purpose – we are recognised widely as supporting inclusivity and valuing diversity through our Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy, Social Impact Framework and UTS Access and Inclusion Plan.
Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, we are now among the first Australian institutions to receive the Athena SWAN Bronze Accreditation for our commitment to action addressing gender equity in the STEMM disciplines.
We welcome applications from women, Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 08 Apr 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Management - Universities