Postdoctoral Research Associate / Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Chemistry & Molecular Diagnost - [Archived Advertisement]
University of Technology Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Postdoctoral Research Associate / Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Chemistry & Molecular Diagnostics
School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Faculty of Science
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic postdoctoral researcher to join the newly established Integrated Device for End-User Analysis at Low Levels Research Hub, (ARC IDEAL Research Hub) within the Faculty of Science at UTS. Working with our industry partners on industry led projects, this ARC funded five year initiative aims to develop revolutionary biomedical technologies.
Join a unique team, carrying out interdisciplinary, international and industrial collaborative research to solve current real world problems. You will work closely with our industry partners and our university partner - University of South Australia.
You will have experience in biomedical diagnostics including development of biomedical diagnostic devices.
In this role you will :
- Undertake high quality science research and provide solutions to real world problems and specific industry needs in the broad topic of biomedical diagnostics and tethered membrane biosensors
- Participate in and present at research seminars and conferences
- Produce high quality research publications
- Participate in acquiring competitive grant funding
- Develop new research directions within the scope of ARC IDEAL Research Hub and form cross collaboration with other CIs and industry partners.
To succeed in this role you will bring:
- Doctoral qualifications in Chemistry, Biomedical or Material Engineering with relevant Postdoctoral research experience.
- An ability to undertake original research, as evidenced by timely and high quality outputs
- Comprehensive knowledge of and demonstrated expertise in one or several of these areas: surface modification, protein chemistry, biosensing, molecular biology, protein chemistry, biophysics and cell culture
- Expert knowledge in lipid membrane biophysics, artificial lipid membranes assembly, electrochemical sensing assays, recombinant protein handling, protein bioconjugation and characterization, immunoassays and surface modification
- Track record of peer reviewed publications.
Appointment level will be dependent upon your research track record and level of research experience.
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please download the position description / statement from the link below.
Remuneration & Benefits:
Base Salary Range: $86,086 - $92,406 pa (Level A); $97,273 to $115,486 pa (Level B)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary.
Our commitment to work/life support includes benefits such as flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and support to carers.
Whilst as Australia’s premier city, Sydney is consistently ranked in the top 10 cities worldwide for quality-of-living.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a fixed termbasis for two (2) years.
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC104667, please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria - click on the apply link to be taken to the relevant page. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC104667.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: 1st May, 2018 at 11.59pm (AEST)
UTS is widely acknowledged as a leader in promoting gender equity and social justice. Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, UTS is a current participant in the SAGE pilot program, the Australian trial of the Athena Swan gender equity accreditation program. We welcome applications from women, particularly for senior and non-traditional roles.
- Closing Date:
- 01 May 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- $86,086 - $92,406 pa (Level A); $97,273 to $115,486 pa (Level B)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Research Assistants and Fellowships