- Work hand in hand with cancer screening programs to design and implement integrated evaluation
- Part time position until 30 June 2019 – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. Within the Behavioural Science Division, the Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer (CBRC) conducts high quality applied behavioural research and evaluation to inform and improve cancer control policies, programs and services. Led by Professor Melanie Wakefield, the Centre has an international reputation as a key provider of cancer control research advice, with active research programs underway in tobacco control, skin cancer prevention, obesity prevention, alcohol harm reduction and cancer screening.
About your opportunity
We are seeking an Evaluation Coordinator to join CBRC, focussed on leading the evaluation of CCV’s cancer screening, early detection and immunisation (SEDI) projects. Reporting to the Research and Evaluation Manager, your role is to:
- Work closely with the SEDI project team in CCV’s Prevention Division
- Build a partnership approach to working with program funders and community agencies in the development of project methodology
- Design, develop and implement evaluation plans including data collection, analysis and reporting to support ongoing program development.
- Establish and maintain effective feedback mechanisms to enable learnings to be implemented in future program development
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A degree in social sciences, psychology, social work, public health, community development or a related discipline AND at least 4 years’ experience in program evaluation.
- Sound understanding of community development, and evaluation approaches appropriate for use in the community sector
- Experience in action research and in developing program logic models
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills
What we can offer you
This is a part-time (0.5FTE) fixed term position until 30th June 2019 providing a salary between $77,000 - $90,000 pa (pro rata) commensurate with experience, plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunities to download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (cover letter, resume and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Dr Anna Nicholson at email@example.com.
Please note Cancer Council Victoria will be closed from 23 December 2017 to 1 January 2018 so any response to enquiries will be received outside of this period.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, and a National Police Check.
Applications close Sunday 21 January, 2018