Manager, Training and Technology Transfer, National Measurement Institute - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Industry, Innovation and Science (View other jobs from this organisation)
The National Measurement Institute (NMI), a division within the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science, is Australia's peak measurement body responsible for biological, chemical, legal, physical and trade measurement. NMI is also a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with the Australian Skills Quality Authority. The Training & Technology Transfer section within NMI provides measurement training in biological, chemical, physical, legal metrology. Assessment which is aligned to endorsed units and qualifications is available for calibration technicians, verifiers of measuring instruments and inspectors. The team is committed to delivering high quality training which aims to increase measurement skills within industry.
You will manage the section's resources, budget, and ensure the development and delivery of training and assessments services in line with legislative requirements. You will also manage the needs of NMI staff and industry stakeholders while operating within the context of an RTO.
Key responsibilities will include:
- leading a small team located at different sites, including coordinating and managing their output
- managing budgets, business plans and setting strategic direction of the section to ensure NMI provides appropriate training and assessment services to NMI staff and the Australian industry in accordance with legislative requirements
- providing leadership within a vocational and metrology education context
- developing appropriate training materials
- negotiating international training and attachment contracts
- performing the duties of CEO of the RTO and managing all aspects of compliance with requirements of the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
- liaising with NMI's General Managers and external sources to ensure availability of resources for the delivery of training programs
- identifying and implementing appropriate IT support systems to improve efficiency of the record keeping system.
The successful candidate will ideally have a vocational education qualification. Additionally, a relevant qualification in a science or engineering discipline and/or relevant industry experience will be highly regarded.
Please refer to the department's Careers pages for further information about this role.
- Closing Date:
- 17 Sep 2017
- NSW - Sydney
- $117,328 to $134,570
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Management - Schools/Departments
Management - Vocational
Teaching - Vocational