Centre for Big Data Research in Health
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Centre for Big Data Research in Health (CBDRH) in the Faculty of Medicine aims to improve the health of the population through research using large-scale electronic data that integrates information about biology, clinical care, health services and the social and physical environments
About the role
- $72K-$141K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term (2 years with the possibility of extension)
- Full-time (Part-time appointment will also be considered) - multiple positions
The appointee will work within the CBDRH to perform high-level health service and epidemiological research. Depending on the candidate’s experience they will assist in or lead: the development of research protocols, analysis plans and grant applications; perform data analyses; draft research publications; and liaise directly with stakeholders including government agency representatives and collaborators, both locally, nationally and internationally. They will also contribute to the supervision of other members of the Centre, junior research staff and higher degree students.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will, at least need to have a:
- Strong understanding of theory and methods relating to the design of epidemiological studies and the statistical analysis of health-related data.
- Demonstrated experience in the management and analysis of large complex health datasets and the analysis of linked, longitudinal data.
- Postgraduate degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, public health, computer science, psychology or a related discipline, or undergraduate degree with relevant research experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Candidates should also indicate in their application at which level they wish to be considered.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
The appointee(s) will be based within either the Health Services and Outcomes Unit OR the Medicines Policy Research Unit in the Centre for Big Data Research in Health (cbdrh.med.unsw.edu.au) but may work across projects in all of the units. For further information about the positions and work of the Research Units, please contact:
Professor and Director, CBDRH and Head, Health Services and Outcomes Unit
T: (61 2) 9385 0644
Professor and Head, Medicines Policy Research Unit, CBDRH
T: (61 2) 9385 8895
Applications close: 15 September 2017