The Centre for Social Impact (CSI) is a national research and education centre dedicated to catalysing social change for a better world. We aim to catalyse change by drawing on our foundations of Research, and Education and translating knowledge, creating leaders, developing usable resources, and reaching across traditional divides to facilitate collaborations.
About the role
- Salary Level D/E: $147,523 – $188,679 per annum (plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading)
- 5-year Fixed-term Position
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
- CSI Sydney CBD office
The Centre for Social Impact is seeking a Research Director to lead a team of academic and professional research staff through a period of change and growth.
The role will suit a collegiate and effective leader able to play a key role in building the Centre’s reputation for research leadership in social impact and generating income for the centre through the development of new partnerships and collaborations, research projects, grants and related activities. They will have overall responsibility for developing and managing the research strategy of CSI UNSW Sydney and delivering on the CSI national research strategy.
The Research Director will serve as a member of the CSI National Executive and the CSI UNSW Senior Leadership Team and will ensure the alignment of CSI’s national and UNSW’s strategic priorities. They will work collegially with the Centre (including CSI nodes, partners, stakeholders and across the CSI network), Faculty and University leadership teams to lead and manage the strategic direction and overall research performance and contribute to community engagement of the Centre, Faculty and University.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- An internationally renowned scholar in a discipline relevant to CSI with an understanding and appreciation of the values and roles of a major research university operating in an international context.
- A strong, proactive and energetic leader who can effectively supervise and motivate high performance from diverse groups of people across the Centre.
- An outstanding communicator with the ability to have difficult conversations and contribute to an effective and engaging organisational culture.
- Experienced in generating income through the development and management of relationships, attracting industry research projects, research grants and funding.
- Excited about and committed to the future direction of CSI, respectful, inclusive, compassionate, engaged and dependable.
An applicant for this role must be an Australian citizen or have Australian work rights for the duration of the fixed term role and will be required to undergo a pre-employment qualification check prior to appointment to this role.
Applicants should systemically address the selection criteria found within the position description in their on-line application. If an application does not systematically address the selection criteria it may not be considered.
Contact: John Hayes, Talent Acquisition Consultant. E: email@example.com Ph: +61 2 9385 2459
Applications close: midnight Sunday 13 August 2017