- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Law is Australia’s leader in progressive and rigorous legal education and research. Ranked 16th in the world among all law schools, UNSW Law is committed to the development of contemporary professional skills and inspired by principles of justice. UNSW Law through its teaching, research and community outreach promotes a holistic understanding of law and its role in society. The Faculty’s strong sense of social responsibility embodies a commitment to promoting equity, diversity, and social justice while actively engaging in law reform and policy development domestically, regionally, and globally.
About the role
- $102K - $115K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Continuing (Full Time, 35 hours per week)
- Kensington location
The Research Manager plays a key role supporting the Faculty Executive Team to develop and implement research strategy in the Faculty through the management of Faculty research operations, including project management, reporting and analytical support, strategic research communications, managing key research relationship and providing high level advice on policy and strategy.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Experience in a research environment with an excellent understanding of the broader research context, funding sources, research grants requirements, research policies and regulations and managing internal funding schemes
- Demonstrated ability in strategic, financial and resource planning, and effective implementation of plans, policies and procedures
- Advanced conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to manage large data collection and analysis projects within set timeframes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to establish and build relationships with staff at all levels including senior management and external organisations
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Research Manager - Level 8 (Law).docx
Ben Richards, Talent Acquisition Lead
Applications close: 11:55pm on 19th August 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity