- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Kirby Institute is the major research body in Australia with responsibility for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of HIV/AIDS. It is also responsible for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of other blood borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections.
About the role
- $101K - $141K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term for 2 years
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The position holder is responsible to the Head of Therapeutic and Vaccine Research Program and will provide academic oversight of the development and implementation of clinical trials and clinical studies, with a particular focus on studies designed to improve treatment of HIV infection and its infectious complications. Projects include interventional clinical trials, sub-studies of particular outcomes within interventional trials, cohort studies, and capacity development initiatives in clinical trial development in low and middle income countries. The position will be involved in research projects from inception through to completion and dissemination, and represent the Kirby Institute at national and international meetings with private and public sector groups or agencies.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- PhD and/or Medical degree with a substantial background in medical research
- Demonstrated experience in the in the design and execution of clinical research at coordinating centres or clinical sites
- Substantial experience in clinical research and/or health care delivery. Experience in research or health care delivery in low and middle income countries is desirable.
- Evidence of an increasing trajectory of research excellent and productivity and success in grants
- At the higher level the expectation is of a higher research output and successful grant applications amongst other criteria. See position description for more information.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Dr Mark Polizzotto, Program Head (Acting), Therapeutic and Vaccine Research program
T: (61 2) 9385 0911
Applications close: 7 November 2017