UNSW Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
School of Public Health and Community Medicine
- One of Australia's leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Public Health and Community Medicine (SPHCM) is internationally recognised as a leader in Public Health and Community Medicine with particular research strengths in Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases, Health Services Management, Global Health and Primary Health Care. The School has a core focus in research and teaching to help inform policy, governance, organisation, work and leadership in the health sector through cross disciplinary collaborations with both academia and industry. The School also has strong associations with research centres and institutes throughout UNSW Medicine.
About the role
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
- 3 years – convertible tenure track appointment
The School of Public Health and Community Medicine has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Professor to join their team. In this role, you will contribute to teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate programs, with a focus on developing, teaching and convening courses in public mental health, infectious diseases, disasters or non-communicable disease
You will also supervise undergraduate students in Independent Learning Projects and higher degree students in Masters, PhD and DrPH research projects and contribute to curriculum and course development in postgraduate and undergraduate courses
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a PhD or equivalent qualification in Public Health, Medicine or related topic
- Have experience in delivery of quality teaching and curriculum development, including teaching in Public Health courses at tertiary level.
- Knowledge and track record in public mental health, disasters or infectious diseases
- Internationally recognised researcher with significant track record in peer-reviewed publications and grant success in public mental health
You are required to systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online, regrettably applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Raina MacIntyre, Head of School
T: (61 2) 9385 3811
Find out more about working at UNSW at your Faculty/Division web address
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Applications close Thursday 31st August 2017
Please quote reference number 58855
- Closing Date:
- 31 Aug 2017
- NSW - Unsw Sydney
- $147K to $162K plus (17% super & leave loading)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Management - Schools/Departments
Management - Universities
Teaching - Tertiary