How often do you look at the world with a new perspective? At the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute we do it every day. It’s in our DNA, our culture, our attitude and our approach.
For over 20 years, through the power of discovery, we have been able to imagine the unimaginable, revolutionising the understanding of heart disease – still the leading cause of death and disability in our society.
From the legacy of legendary heart transplant surgeon Victor Chang, The Institute’s team have rapidly pioneered research with a shared and life changing vision – to reduce the incidence, severity and impact of heart disease.
We are seeking an experienced Research Grants Officer to join our dynamic team and manage all the grants for the Institute. In this role you will be required to ensure application opportunities are identified, guidelines, requirements, and administrative procedures are adhered to in the submission of grants.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist researchers with the preparation of grant applications;
- Develop good working relationships with officers of the government, grant funding bodies, philanthropic and other institutions;
- Liaise and work closely with the collaborative Universities research offices, especially UNSW;
- Manage and maintain a grants database;
- Manage ongoing grants and reporting requirements;
- Liaise with and support faculty, postdoctoral researchers and students in relation to securing funding
You will have a passion for wanting to help others along with previous experience in grant submissions or securing corporate sponsorships.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- Experience in the development of research grant applications and their management;
- High level written and verbal communication skills;
- High level proof reading skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to effectively liaise with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders of scientific and non-scientific backgrounds;
- The ability to work autonomously and as a part of a larger administrative team;
- The ability to undertake project management and development and have excellent time management skills.
Experience working within the research sector at the tertiary and / or government level as well as experience with the requirements of research grant applications for the National Health and Medical Research Council and / or Australian Research Council will be highly regarded.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary along with salary packaging
- Stimulating work setting focussed on cutting edge medical research
- Collaborative team environment
We strive to ensure our staff and students enjoy a great working environment. We value and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity and gender equity and promotes flexible working arrangements for staff to balance working requirements and personal needs.
Come and work with us & help make a difference.