- Innovative, collaborative and positive team-orientated environment
- Modern, world-class facilities
- Convenient Randwick location, close to transport
Children's Cancer Institute is wholly dedicated to putting an end to childhood cancer and is the only medical research institute in Australia solely dedicated to this cause. We don't just hope to do it – we will do it; and we're looking for the brightest brains to help us get the job done. Children's Cancer Institute provides the best possible environment for our staff to develop and thrive with state-of-the-art facilities at the Lowy Cancer Research Centre, UNSW Australia – one of the leading cancer research centres in the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Manager to join our team on a full-time permanent basis. The Research Manager's role is critical to the management and growth of the institute's research enterprise. The successful applicant will be accountable for management of strategic and operational issues related to research activities at the Institute including grant funding, contracts management, intellectual property and ethics, with the aim of maximising funding opportunities and success, as well as ensuring compliance with relevant guidelines and regulations. The position will establish and maintain a current and accurate information resource for the Institute as well as developing and monitoring an evaluation framework for research performance at the Institute.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Grant Development and Administration including identifying external research funding opportunities, managing internal grant review process and liaising with various agencies regarding all aspects of research opportunities and funding
- Maintaining the Research Database
- Evaluation and Research Performance Reporting
- Managing records of Students
- Compliance and Quality Assurance including providing internal reviews of ethics applications, advising research staff on any changes to the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, delivering induction and training for staff on relevant compliance and code of conduct matters
- Developing Consumer Engagement frameworks, supervising up to 2 direct reports and coordinating consumer review workshops
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications in a clinical/science and or business discipline or equivalent experience in a research/academic environment
Experience and requirements
- Essential experience
- Experience in a research/academic environment
- Research grant development and administration
- Budget management and financial skills
- Experience with time management, project management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Writing reports for Executive Management and the Board
- IP management
- Policy development and documentation of research management processes
- Experience in working with databases
- Experience in a not-for-profit sector
We are strongly committed to the growth of our employees so all staff can fulfil their aspirations. You'll be rewarded with a friendly and professional work environment, comprehensive on-campus facilities, competitive salary, salary packaging options and regular social activities.
Join a group of dedicated people in a performance-driven environment to achieve success and discover what it's like to look forward to coming to work every day and making a real difference in our mission to save the lives of all children with cancer! It's not if. It's when.
A detailed job description and additional information on Children's cancer Institute can be found on our website at: www.childrenscancerinstitute.org.au. We embrace diversity here at The Institute and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and culture. Note: Applications will be reviewed prior to the closing date; which is dependent on the status of the recruitment process and is subject to change. Please do not contact our line managers directly.
To apply, please click the 'APPLY' link below and forward both your resume AND cover letter clearly addressing the qualifications, experience and skills required