PhD Research Awards in Basic Medical Research - [Archived Advertisement]
Children's Medical Research Institute (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Make an important contribution to the health of children through medical research
- Work with one of Australia’s most respected national and independent medical research institutes
- Gain valuable experience in the not-for-profit sector
Why not take control of your own future and be proactive in the choice of research area that excites you. If you’re an outstanding and enthusiastic graduate committed to a career in research then apply now for a CMRI PhD Research Award.
The Children’s Medical Research Institute (CMRI) is an award-winning state-of-the-art medical research facility, with over 100 full-time scientists dedicated to researching the genes and proteins important for health and human development.
The CMRI is supported in part by its key fundraiser Jeans for Genes®. Our scientists are internationally recognised research leaders and foster excellence in postgraduate training. CMRI graduates are highly sought after nationally and internationally.
The CMRI is located at Westmead, a major hub for research and medicine in NSW, and is affiliated with the University of Sydney. We are easy to access by public transport.
Applications are evaluated in a highly competitive process involving selection and interview by a PhD Admissions Committee. Successful applicants will be awarded a Research Award, consisting of more than $7,000 per annum top-up over the value of an Australian Postgraduate Award, for 4 years. Successful applicants will also be expected to apply for external scholarships with support from CMRI research leaders.
Projects are multi-disciplinary with training in molecular and cellular biology techniques, with some involving mass spectrometry, proteomics, bioinformatics, protein-protein interactions, transgenic animals or live cell imaging.
More information can be found on our website www.cmri.org.au.
A list of current PhD projects available can be found at the following URL:
Applicants must hold:
- a relevant Bachelor’s degree with first or second class Honours, OR
- a research Master’s degree, OR
- at least 6 months of supervised research training.
- Applicants must be available to start a full-time PhD at CMRI at the start of 2020.
- International students are eligible to apply, but the CMRI award does not cover university tuition fees.
Your application (quoting PV1920) should include:
- A completed application form, available from
- A copy of academic transcripts showing subjects and grades. Applications will not be considered in the absence of academic transcripts.
- Evidence of Australian or New Zealand citizenship, or Australian permanent residency if applicable.
Application form should be send as a single PDF file by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Monday 30th September 2019.
- Work Type:
- Full Time