Design, manage and deliver industry leading research data management services
- Work with world-leading researchers from across the globe
- Flexible Work Arrangements | 5 weeks annual leave
- Enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst achieving your career goals
Creating a brighter future for life in the Tropics and beyond, through education and research that makes a difference locally, and globally, James Cook University (JCU) is now looking to appoint a Manager, Research Data Services. This is a full-time continuing and can be based at the JCU Cairns Nguma-bada campus, Smithfield or the JCU Townsville Bebegu Yumba campus, Douglas.
How you’ll make a difference
We are seeking a highly skilled Manager of Research Data Services to work with the Director, eResearch Centre and collaborate with the relevant units within James Cook University (JCU) to design, manage and deliver industry leading research data management services. You will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of research data management including development of policy, compliance, strategy and implementation.
What you’ll bring
With a proven ability in research data management, access and movement technologies, techniques and standards you can deploy a range of data-related software technologies across diverse operating environments and storage technologies. You’re high-level communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a variety of stakeholders at different levels and a track record of delivering high levels of customer satisfaction will see you succeed in this crucial role.
Join the eResearch Centre Team
The strategic direction of the eResearch Centre is to have a research data management environment that provides an easy to operate, fit for purpose and engaging research data management system capable of both satisfying researchers and the demands of funding bodies as well as best exposing and unlocking the value of the Universities research holdings.
Providing a laid back tropical lifestyle that is complemented by capital city comforts, no other Australian city boasts the resilience, diversity, lifestyle & economic potential that the Townsville North Queensland Region enjoys. Townsville offers a dynamic lifestyle coupled with strong economic prosperity. With over 300 days of sunshine each year, Townsville’s lifestyle is second to none. Click here for more information on living in Townsville.
Cairns is a very special part of the world, and our residents enjoy a great way of life. Our unparalleled natural attractions, superb climate, and tropical lifestyle makes Cairns one of Australia’s most desirable places to live, visit and do business. Cairns is a friendly, safe, and sophisticated international city, alive with charm and spirit. Cairns has world-class schools and universities, health services, sporting and recreation facilities and enjoys a wonderfully diverse range of community and cultural celebrations. Click here for more information on living in Cairns
Why you’ll love working JCU?
At JCU we firmly believe that people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills, knowledge and capability of all our staff. We live by our values and deliver against our Strategic Intent in an environment that values respect, excellence and delivering a sustainable future for the people of the Tropics.
- generous superannuation scheme with up to 17% employer contributions
- ongoing professional and career development
- attractive options for salary packaging
- work and life balance with a 36.25 hour working week
- five weeks annual recreation leave with cash-out annual leave and time in lieu options
- 15 days personal leave
- Individual Flexibility Arrangements
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program
- access to online media subscriptions
- corporate discount on health insurance
- relocation and accommodation assistance may be negotiated
What matters to us at JCU?
- Our People - Our staff, students, and the communities we serve
- Our Education - Knowledge has the power to change lives
- Our Place - the Tropics and beyond
- Our Research - a catalyst for innovation and knowledge generation
- Authenticity | Excellence | Integrity | Respect
- Our values are the qualities that define what we stand for. They capture the standards that we live by and guide the way we behave and work together.
Want to know more?
Click on Apply now and you will be redirected to the JCU Careers website.
Apply for Vacancy Reference Number 18367
James Cook University encourages people from all backgrounds who meet role requirements to apply. We value and celebrate the diversity of our community, and are committed to ensuring our community, and are committed to ensuring our learning and working environment is safe and welcoming