Key leadership position to provide project management, change management, oversight and co-ordination to a range of ICT Projects.
- Lead projects from concept to execution
- Oversee successful transition of projects to operations
- Supportive team focused environment
We offer an exciting opportunity for a Project Manger, ICT Projects to join our world-leading institution at James Cook University (JCU). A continuing appointment, this position is based at the Townsville campus in picturesque tropical north Queensland, where you can enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst still achieving your career goals.
As an established ICT professional you have delivered multiple projects meeting time, cost and quality expectations through established project management expertise and methodologies. Harnessing your proven communication skills you will expertly liaise with a variety of stakeholders, including third party vendors, project contractors and university staff to ensure that each project is delivered to meet university requirements and to oversee successful transition from projects to operations.
Leading a team of professional staff you will effectively achieve project outcomes, promote team work and create an environment that encourages a learning focused culture, innovative thinking and continuous improvement. It is a critical requirement of this role that your background is within ICT with experience working in large, complex organisations. Higher education or government sector experience will also be highly regarded.
Your motivation and enthusiasm for excellence in Project Management will see you thrive in this challenging, yet rewarding position, and you will take pride in your contribution towards a culture of high performance, customer service, teamwork and innovation.
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Directorate's mission is to be the University's strategic technology partner, playing a key role in the success of JCU and the achievement of our Strategic Intent. Located within the ICT Directorate, the ICT Project Office is responsible for delivery of niversity strategic initiatives through business and system improvement projects.
Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU is one of the world’s leading institutions focussing on the tropics and offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We also offer:
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- ongoing professional and career development
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
- Enthusiastic, committed and talented staff
- Relocations assistance may be negotiated with the successful applicant at offer stage.
- well-equipped, modern facilities including on-campus shopping, gym, pool and childcare
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
If you are an established professional looking to influence our future, please apply today at www.jcu.edu.au/jobs
Vacancy reference: 16340
Close date: 18 April 2018