Speech Pathologist - autism specific intervention services - [Archived Advertisement]
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Speech Pathologist - autism specific intervention services
Aspect Therapy are recruiting for a full time Speech Pathologist to join our team. If you share our passion for making a difference in the lives of individuals on the autism spectrum - please read on!
- Full time role available
- 12 month maximum term contract
- Approx. $70k to $105k p.a. FTE salary package range (inclusive of superannuation)
- Excellent tax effective salary packaging benefits
- Training or experience in Positive Behaviour Support is preferred but will also be provided
- Itinerant role servicing Canberra, ACT and Queanbeyan, NSW
Aspect is committed to providing an autism friendly workplace and supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce. It is through this commitment that we encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Aspect Therapy: The therapy team includes over 200 allied health therapists and delivers services which are person and family-centred, flexible, responsive and evidence-informed for individuals of all ages on the autism spectrum. This role will see you building and nurturing connections in therapy environments including the community, schools, preschools and early education settings or via face-to-face services or via Teletherapy.
About the role: Work within a team of therapists and registered behaviour support practitioners including speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists, special educators and social workers. Develop, deliver and evaluate evidence based, individualised services across a range of settings within the specified region. Work with individuals on the autism spectrum through individualised school, home and community based programs. Build capacity of families, care givers and the broader community to develop the strengths of each individual and to promote and encourage engagement within their community.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary package (including attractive and tax effective salary packaging benefits)
- Excellent internal and external professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive support and supervision, including PBS support and supervision for registered behaviour support practitioners
- Connections with highly experienced therapy staff who are part of a larger therapy team
- Interesting and varied work with a comprehensive structured training induction program to ensure you are best skilled to make a difference in your new role
- Your Operational Leader and Supervisor will support your individual learning needs
- Develop your knowledge and skills in autism and Positive Behaviour Support, work with autism and Positive Behaviour experts and access the latest autism research
What will you bring to the role?
- Tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology
- Eligible for registration with Speech Pathology Australia
- Training or experience in Positive Behaviour Support is preferred and alignment to PBS is required
- Demonstrated ability to engage and empathise with individuals on the autism spectrum and their families and carers
- Ability to use assessment skills & tailor evidence-base intervention to meet the needs of individuals on the autism spectrum & their families or carers
- Outstanding organisational, communication, written and presentation skills
- Ability to coordinate the delivery of a service, including managing enquiries, referrals and intake as well as recording and reporting service information
- Ability to empower others to implement and maintain strategies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Superior customer service approach
- Current valid driver’s licence and use of own vehicle for business purposes
- Willingness to travel across the listed LGAs
- NSW Working With Children Check for paid employment
- ACT Working With Vulnerable People Check for paid employment
- Current first aid qualification, CPR and anaphylaxis certificate (preferred)
A National Police Check clearance is a requirement and Aspect will arrange this. Completion of the mandatory NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’ is also required. You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance.
What we offer: A competitive package will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free, increasing the value of your take-home pay.
To apply: Please attach your resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Enquiries should be directed to: Joanne Randall, Operational Leader on 0466 354 151.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.
- $70k to $105k p.a. FTE salary package range (inclusive of superannuation)
- Work Type:
Teaching Aides and Special Needs