Associate Professor of Statistics in Education - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Catholic University (View other jobs from this organisation)
- A specialist statictical analysis role including expertise in large longitudinal and linked datasets
- Contribute to research excellence in education
- Fixed term, four (4) year appointment based at the Brisbane city office of LSIA
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Learning Sciences Institute Australia (LSIA) is a national education research institute engaging in vigorous, socially relevant and ethically committed research to improve outcomes for children and young adults. LSIA provides a forum for researchers, scholars, policy makers and practitioners to generate new knowledge about 21st Century teaching and learning, diversity, engagement and well-being. Further information about the Institute can be found at: www.lsia.acu.edu.au
In your role as Associate Professor of Statistics in Education you will work under broad direction of the Institute Director to provide specialist advice and recommendations regarding methodological aspects of grant applications. You will act as an academic leader and mentor to Institute staff, with a particular focus on quantitative analyses of large longitudinal data, mixed-method research design, and data linkage.
- provide strategic leadership and application in quantitative research design and methodologies
- provide advice regarding appropriate statistical analysis procedures
- participate in research activities, applying for and securing grants and access to large-scale databases
- produce high quality research suitable for publication in high-quality international journals
- strengthen and widen industry partner networks.
You will need to demonstrate:
- success in undertaking mixed-methods research and quantitative data analyses working with complex cross-sectional and longitudinal data
- experience in statistical modelling and use of a range of social science statistical software packages
- strong track record in publications in leading international journals and in attracting external funding
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description from the full advertisement on the ACU Careers website. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. Apply online via the ACU Careers Website.
Total remuneration valued to $161,833 - $178,148 pa, including salary component $147,159 - $151,103 pa (Academic Classification Level D), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Professor Claire Wyatt-Smith on 07 3623 7112.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 28 January 2018
To Apply for this role please apply online: http://careers.acu.edu.au/caw/en/job/972993/associate-professor-of-statistics-in-education
- Closing Date:
- 28 Jan 2018
- QLD - Brisbane
- Total remuneration valued to $161,833 - $178,148 pa
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Statistics and Analytics