Institute Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Catholic University (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Strategic and financial management focus
- Contribute to the achievement of the Institute’s research strategy
- Full time at the Melbourne campus
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield. As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Institute for Religion and Critical Inquiry promotes interdisciplinary and collaborative study through research that seeks to enrich and extend the traditional fields of philosophy and theology at an international level. The Institute brings together scholars from multiple disciplinary perspectives including philosophy, theology, history, and literature. Research in Theology and Religious Studies at ACU was rated above world standard in the 2015 Excellence in Research Australia exercise.
The Institute is seeking a committed professional capable of providing leadership and strategic operational management of its administrative and research functions. Contributing to the fulfilment of the Institute’s research strategy and ACU’s research mission, you will:
- monitor and forecast operational and research budgets
- oversee administration of research projects, grants and higher-degree research programs
- be a liaison point for existing and potential partners
- manage the coordination and delivery of a range of research events.
With an understanding of intellectual property issues and research contractual obligations, you will be able effectively to manage compliance and operational requirements to support the Institute. You will also need to demonstrate:
- experience managing financial and operational activities for research projects from inception to completion
- commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- high level negotiation skills and the ability to influence stakeholders at varying levels.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and valued through development, participation and involvement.
- Closing Date:
- 28 May 2017
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Management - Schools/Departments