Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Catholic University (View other jobs from this organisation)
Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow
- Participate in the Learning Disorders and Cognition research program
- Clarify the cognitive causes of different developmental disorders
- Full-time, fixed term (3 years) position located at our McAuley campus at Banyo
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The School of Psychology has a strong emphasis on quality research and research training outcomes, and is developing a key presence in the emerging Research Institutes at ACU. The research activities of staff relate to three overlapping areas of strength: (i) cognition and applied cognitive neuroscience; (ii) developmental and educational psychology, and (iii) clinical and health psychology. The School has a number of leading researchers of international profile in these areas. It boasts new laboratory facilities at its Strathfield campus, supports for early career researchers and scholars, and productive onshore and offshore collaborations including a number of joint appointments of esteemed international academics from the Netherlands, USA, and UK.
The Learning Disorders and Cognition research group is based on the Brisbane campus of ACU. The group explores the nature, causes, comorbidity, and underlying cognitive mechanisms of Dyslexia, Mathematics Disorder, Reading Comprehension Impairment, Developmental Coordination Disorder, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
The Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow will contribute to enhancing the profile of psychological research in the School of Psychology. More specifically you will:
- utilise a large-scale longitudinal study and a series of smaller-scale studies
- focus on conducting publishable research in high impact journals
- develop research proposals and conduct experimental and psychological research
- contribute to the research supervision of Honours, Master of Psychology and higher degree research students and co-supervise Research Assistants where appropriate.
You will need to have:
- a PhD in psychology in an area relevant to the program of research conducted by the Learning Disorders and Cognition group
- an outstanding track record in research publications in peer-reviewed, high quality psychological journals and the capacity to attract research grant income
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- advanced knowledge of statistical analysis and interpretation.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description PD Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to AUD$110,847 - $130,747 pa, including salary component AUD$93,667 - $110,590 pa for Research Fellow (Academic Level B), OR total remuneration valued to AUD$138,669 - $150,553 pa, including salary component AUD$117,361 - $127,518 pa for Senior Research Fellow (Academic Level C) plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Associate Professor Anne Tolan, School of Psychology, (07) 3623 7256.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: Wednesday 29 March 2017
- Closing Date:
- 29 Mar 2017
- QLD - Brisbane
- $110,847 - $150,553 pa
- Work Type:
- Full Time