Research Fellow (Teacher Education) - [Archived Advertisement]
- The Research Fellow will contribute to the research enterprise of the Institute for Learning Sciences and Teacher Education.
- The incumbent will work within a high performing research team of senior, internationally recognised scholars within programs of priority research.
- Full time, fixed term (3 years) appointment located in Brisbane
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Institute for Learning Sciences and Teacher Education (ILSTE) is a national research institute hosting a team of internationally-renowned researchers and international scholars undertaking nationally-funded research studies with a range of industry-funded partners. Our research draws on both qualitative and quantitative methodologies and includes large-scale, longitudinal studies and meta-analyses.
The Research Fellow will contribute to the research enterprise of the Institute for Learning Sciences and Teacher Education. The incumbent will work within a high performing research team of senior, internationally recognised scholars within programs of priority research. In addition, the successful applicant will contribute to the development of scholarship, research and/or professional activities in the Institute.
The current position is aligned to the research area: Teacher Education. The successful candidate will have a strong track record in the field of teacher education and learner development. The position provides exciting opportunities to contribute to large-scale mixed method longitudinal research exploring teacher/teaching quality.
For further information about the role please refer to the attached position description.
You will need to have:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline:
- o Teacher education
- o Learner development and learning
- Evidence of strong research achievement as demonstrated by publication in high quality peer-reviewed journals and other publications including chapters in books with prestigious publishing houses.
- Demonstrated success in working within a research team on competitive grants and/or research consultancies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a research team and independently on solo, co-authored and research team publications.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity and ethical practice principles and demonstrated knowledge of equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety, appropriate to the level of the appointment.
- Evidence of ability to work with children and contribute to and protect their safety and wellbeing. The successful applicant will be required to hold a valid working with children clearance for the State or Territory in which the position is located.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
As an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality we offer leading practice parental leave entitlements for both men and women, flexible work options and a range of generous leave options to assist with work-life balance.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description via the ACU Careers website. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $118,715 – 140,101 pa, including salary component $100,375 -118,510 pa (Academic Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Alison Curtis on email: Alison.Curtis@acu.edu.au.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: Tuesday 17 September 2019 at 11.55pm.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
- Closing Date:
- 17 Sep 2019
- $100,375 -118,510
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Research Assistants and Fellowships