Research Engagement / Grants Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
- Outstanding opportunity to contribute to the ACU research engagement program
- Total remuneration AUD $91,409 - $98,228 AUD (pro-rata)
- Fixed term (1 year), part-time (0.6) appointment, located in Sydney or Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor, Engagement (PVCE) is responsible for the development and implementation of ACU’s Community Engagement Strategy that includes integration of community engagement into ACU’s curriculum across all Faculties; contribution and expansion of community stakeholder relationships; and broadening and deepening community engagement as a defining representation of the University’s mission. The PVCE is also responsible for the development and implementation of strategic frameworks that implement the measurement of research engagement and impact.
The Research Engagement and Grants Officer will work closely with the Research Engagement Manager, and other staff within the University, to ensure that the University’s ARC Engagement and Impact (EI) assessment processes are robust and deliver timely and comprehensive outputs. This position will develop and maintain efficient administrative and communication systems/processes to collect, enter and analyse information about ACU’s research engagement and impact.
You will build positive relationships with research academics at all levels and provide support to senior managers in all aspects of ACU’s research engagement and impact agenda. You will also assist with the identification, development and submission of competitive and philanthropic funding applications for community engagement projects and programs.
You will need to have:
- Completion of a graduate degree in business, statistics, or a relevant discipline with subsequent relevant training and experience in a large and complex organisation.
- High level planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage a number of projects at one time, achieve required outcomes and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, to work independently, and to interact proactively, productively and constructively in a team environment.
- High level of written communication skills including preparation and editing of draft documentation, with careful attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders such as students, academic and professional staff, external organisations and community groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering stakeholder centric services and keeping stakeholder interests at the core of business decisions to maintain service excellence. See the ACU Service Principles.
- An understanding of the assessment of research performance in the higher education sector.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement, action research, advocacy, or other community-based activities.
We value staff, offering excellent employment conditions and fostering work environments where you have the ability grow and develop.
As an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality we offer leading practice parental leave entitlements for both men and women, flexible work options and a range of generous leave options to assist with work-life balance.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description and apply for the position via the ACU Careers website. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description.
Total remuneration valued to $91,409 - $98,228 (pro-rata) total remuneration pa, including salary component $77,242 - $83,004 pa (pro-rata) (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Lisa Lavey (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sandra Jones (Sandra.email@example.com)
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. The successful candidate will be required to hold a working with children check clearance for the relevant state and/or territory.
Applications Close: 17 July 2019 at 11:55pm AEST
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
- Closing Date:
- 17 Jul 2019
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Research Assistants and Fellowships