Research Partnerships Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
- Lead the development and management of the Institute’s research partnerships strategy
- Manage collaborations with diverse stakeholders in the field of Initial Teacher Education
- Full-time continuing position located in Brisbane CBD
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Institute for Learning Sciences and Teacher Education (ILSTE) is a national research institute hosting a team of internationally-renowned researchers and international scholars undertaking nationally-funded research studies with a range of industry-funded partners. Our research draws on both qualitative and quantitative methodologies and includes large-scale, longitudinal studies and meta-analyses. A priority focus is on research relating to policy and practice.
The Research Partnerships Manager will lead the development and management of the Institute’s research partnerships strategy, aimed at supporting the growth and achievement of the Institute’s research plan. The position is responsible for building and extending ILSTE’s partnership opportunities with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring alignment with the Institute’s areas of research concentration. The attached position description has further details.
You will need to have:
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or equivalent combination of relevant experience and /or education/training.
- Knowledge of the University funding system and processes in Australia and overseas, including competitive grants and industry funding.
- Proven ability to develop and implement research partnership strategies that lead to increased funding opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful development and maintenance of industry networks and partnerships, both national and internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively across a range of stakeholders to deliver shared goals.
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and communication skills that ensure favourable outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level financial management ability, including budget development, management, monitoring, and reporting of activities.
- Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description via the ACU Careers website. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description.
To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $130,748 - $139,515 pa, including salary component $110,516 - $118,009 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 9), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent toProfessor Claire Wyatt-Smith, Institute Director, (07) 3623 7112.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: Thursday 23 May 2019 at 11.55pm
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
- Closing Date:
- 23 May 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Management - Universities