Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow (Statistics) - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow (Statistics)
- Research design and associated quantitative methods
- Collaborate with the Built Environment research stream
- Full-time, fixed term (5 years) appointment, located in Melbourne, Australia
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Institute for Health and Ageing (IHA) aims to enhance the lives of older people and those who support them by approaching issues of ageing through a positive, multidisciplinary lens across a range of settings including community, residential and acute care. IHA has grown rapidly in its first phase of operation, with a focus on creating teams of highly skilled research staff and practitioners whose work intersects with ageing.
Primarily responsible for conducting analyses for the International Physical Activity and the Environment (IPEN) projects, the Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow will provide high-quality statistical inputs, and conduct research in statistical methodology aligned with research programs in environmental influences on active living and health. More specifically you will:
- enhance the development, design, analysis and reporting of designated research projects as a collaborative researcher
- conduct research in relevant statistical methods and produce conference and seminar papers and publications from that research
- participate in initiatives to enhance the competitiveness of funding submissions
- contribute to scholarly publication, and generate research and commercial funding for the Built Environment research stream.
In addition to a strong track record of high-quality publications, you will need to have:
- a PhD or relevant postgraduate qualification in biostatistics/statistics (preferred), epidemiology or quantitative psychology
- experience in the design and analysis of experiments and complex sample surveys (in biological, health or behavioural / social sciences)
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- exposure to established and novel methods for spatial and other correlated data couple with experience in statistical analysis packages and programming environments (particularly R, STATA and MPlus).
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description PD Research Fellow - Statistics.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $110,847 - $130,747 pa, including salary component $93,667 - $110,590 pa (for Lecturer, Academic Classification Level B), OR $138,669 - $150,553 total remuneration pa, including salary component $117,361 - $127,518 pa (for Senior Lecturer, Academic Classification Level C), plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to: Professor Ester Cerin, Institute for Health and Ageing at email@example.com
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: Thursday 23 March 2017
- Closing Date:
- 23 Mar 2017
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Research Assistants and Fellowships