CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Responsible Innovation in Northern Australian Agriculture - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Responsible Innovation in Northern Australian Agriculture
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Do you have a PhD in sociology, political science, governance studies, human geography, science and technology studies, or innovation studies?
- Want to join the Responsible Innovation Future Science Platform?
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
This position will sit equally across CSIRO’s Responsible Innovation Future Science Platform and the Land and Water Business Unit, and will aim to contribute to research into the social, community and ethical implications of agricultural industry expansion within Northern Australia.
The successful candidate will expand CSIRO’s scientific focus beyond demonstrating the technical and environmental sustainability of northern industry expansion, to better anticipate and plan for the societal nature of such regional-scale disruption.
Your duties will include:
- Examining the potential risks and benefits of agricultural industry expansion within Northern Australia and its effect on local producers, supply chains, wider communities and Traditional Owners of the land on which these actions will be implemented.
- Contributing to the Responsible Innovation FSP, a program of research that assesses the potential risks, benefits and uncertainties of future science and technology and ensures socially responsible science and technology is designed and delivered for all Australians.
- Examining the social and ethical risk management of regional-scale disruption in relation to risk management for environmental scale interventions and farm business enterprises, as well as socially responsive genetic technologies.
- Working as part of a collaborative team with researchers at CSIRO and several partner agencies, regularly communicating with managers and other stakeholders.
Location: Darwin, NT
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as sociology, political science, governance studies, human geography, science and technology studies, innovation studies, or similar. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative (and potentially quantitative) methodologies and analyses, including stakeholder mapping and analysis, conducting and analysing interviews, focus groups and workshops.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research, including sector or place-specific case studies into agricultural expansion.
- Experience in Responsible Innovation and/or risk governance approaches is desirable.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible for this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Australian temporary resident currently residing in Australia.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
26 June 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 26 Jun 2022
- NT - Darwin
- AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Research Assistants and Fellowships