BioFoundry Research Projects Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
BioFoundry Research Projects Officer
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Cutting-edge research in molecular biology/synthetic biology methods
- Build your dynamic career in this exciting role
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
CSIRO’s Land and Water business is seeking a motivated and a skilled Biofoundry Research Project Officer to join their BioFoundry,, which is a state-of-the-science facility that provides high-throughput bioengineering capability and uses hardware and software solutions to rapidly design, build and test new biotechnologies.
The role will deliver a high level of technical support and in the development and adoption of complex molecular biology/synthetic biology methods to produce new microbial strains and novel biological componentry. The successful candidate will also work with the CSIRO BioFoundry team to adapt these techniques for high-throughput automation to extend the BioFoundry’s capabilities.
Your duties will include:
- Design, develop and adapt experimental molecular biology/synthetic biology methods and techniques, requiring high levels of initiative, ingenuity and attention to detail.
- Transfer molecular biology/synthetic biology methods and techniques to miniaturised, automated, high-throughput practice under the guidance of the BioFoundry manager and staff
- Liaise with clients to determine their needs and take personal responsibility for client satisfaction
- Participate in project scoping and planning, making significant contributions to the research or technological direction, and may advise on the level and type of services that are provided.
- Ensure prompt response and address problems and provide troubleshooting solutions in a constructive manner.
Location: Dutton Park, Brisbane
Salary: AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of up to 31, Dec 2023
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant bachelor’s or higher degree or equivalent relevant work experience in molecular biology or synthetic biology.
- Demonstrable experience in developing or adapting a wide range of molecular biology methods and techniques, with a focus on DNA and strain assembly and gene library production.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot high-level technical problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to develop assay relevant to biological processes (e.g., phenotypic, spectroscopic, fluorogenic, HPLC. LC-MS, GC-MS)
- Proven ability to deliver complex work packages/projects to agreed deadlines and budgets
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian or New Zealand Citizens; Australian Permanent Residents; and Australian Temporary Residents currently residing in Australia with a valid working visa to cover the length of the specified term without the requirement of visa sponsorship from CSIRO.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
12 June 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 12 Jun 2022
- QLD - Dutton Park
- AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time