Digital Careers Program Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Digital Careers Program Officer
- Use your skills to support the implementation of the Digital Careers program
- Contribute to real world, future-focused education initiatives
- Join CSIRO Education and Outreach and make a difference!
CSIRO Education and Outreach has received new funding this year for the Digital Careers program to deliver expanded activities until March 2023. To deliver on this, we are seeking two Program Officers to join the team. Digital Careers delivers real world, future-focused education initiatives to help students pursue an exciting digital career. The program supports teachers and encourages students’ understanding of digital technologies and the foundation skills they require in an ever-changing workforce.
In these diverse roles, you will support a broad range of program activities including the Australian Bebras Computational Thinking Challenge, FarmBeats and CyberTaipan Cyber Security programs through tasks such as coordinating program activities, delivering teacher professional learning, delivering workshops, project management and stakeholder engagement.
We are seeking candidates with excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills coupled with experience in Digital Technologies (information technology, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity), education programs or project management
Your duties will include:
- Implementing the Digital Careers program including contributing to the achievement of program targets and KPIs, reporting and the management of budgets.
- Supporting a broad range of Digital Careers program activities including Australian Bebras Computational Thinking Challenge, FarmBeats and CyberTaipan Cyber Security programs.
- Working collaboratively with external stakeholders and colleagues within your team and across CSIRO, to reach objectives and (where relevant) engaging with external bodies, participants and the general public.
Location: Adelaide SA, Canberra ACT, Melbourne (Clayton) VIC, Perth (Kensington) WA, Darwin NT, Brisbane (Dutton Park) QLD, Hobart TAS or Sydney (Eveleigh) NSW
Salary: AU$85k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30th March 2023
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent relevant work experience in teaching Digital Technologies (including artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, information technology), education programs, or project management.
- Effective project management skills, including demonstrated experience in the coordination of program activities.
- High level written and oral communication skills in a variety of formats and for a range of audiences, including individuals and groups.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a history of establishing and maintaining strong and productive relationships and networks with colleagues, leaders and key stakeholders.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment, proactively collaborating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders, as well as sharing resources to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to find workable solutions to complex problems and resolve complaints using creativity, reasoning and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to work safely with children.
- To be able and willing to travel locally, interstate and internationally as required.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be considered for this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. This role has child safety obligations. The successful applicant will be required to obtain or provide evidence that they hold a working with children check prior to confirmation of appointment.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
25 October 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 25 Oct 2021
- AU$85k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Student Services/Careers Guidance