CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in vitro and in vivo assay development - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in vitro and in vivo assay development
- Do you have a PhD in a relevant discipline area, such as Cell Biology, Immunology, Oncology, Biotechnology or Biochemistry?
- Engage with biotech companies & start-ups to perform experimental work & assay development
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
The successful CERC Fellow will work with CSIRO researchers and experimental staff to deliver on an array of commercial projects with multiple industry partners. This work includes, but is not limited to, engaging with commercial entities (biotechnology companies, start-ups and SMEs) to understand their needs, drafting experimental protocols and research proposals/agreements, performing and/or overseeing staff performing experimental work, assay development and/or troubleshooting, data collection and analysis, data interpretation and presentation as well as drafting research reports. Our clients include Australian researchers, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies and our mandate is to help support the development of new biologics and the growing biotechnology industry within Australia. Our work utilises in vitro and in vivo functional assays to support the development of new cancer therapeutics; and understanding their mode of action.
Your duties will include:
- Performing experimental work such as, but not limited to, primary human and murine cell isolation, flow cytometry, proliferation assays, cell cycle assays, western blotting, tissue culture and RT-PCR.
- Assisting with in vitro assay development (functional assessment of drugs, antibodies and/or proteins), including experimental design and quality control.
- Assisting with in vivo assay development (mouse and rat models) including drafting of animal research ethics applications.
- Troubleshooting protocols, experiments, analytics and scientific equipment.
- Carrying out innovative, impactful research of importance to our industry partners that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Analysing and interpretating data.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$88k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Cell Biology, Immunology, Oncology, Biotechnology or Biochemistry. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated competence in multi-parameter flow cytometry (>6 fluorophores).
- Demonstrated competence in data/statistical analysis (e.g. FlowJo software, GraphPad Prism) and data presentation (e.g. MS Office applications, Adobe Illustrator).
- Demonstrated experience in performing in vitro and/or in vivo assays.
- Proven ability to investigate and troubleshoot complex problems, present logical alternative solutions which can be discussed, tested and adopted.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to present research outcomes effectively internally and externally.
- A track record of science innovation and creativity, including the ability and willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible you must be an Australian/New Citizen or Permanent Resident or an Australian Temporary Resident currently residing in Australia with full work rights for the duration of the proposed term and without the requirement for sponsorship by CSIRO.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
31 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 31 Aug 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$88k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Research Assistants and Fellowships