Indigenous STEM Education Team Leader
Indigenous STEM Education Team Leader
- Work with stakeholders to develop Indigenous STEM programs in regional NSW
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Indigenous communities
- Join CSIRO Education and Outreach and make a difference!
Generation STEM is a $25 million ten-year initiative which works with industry, government and education sectors to support, train and retain students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) career pathways. Generation STEM is exploring Indigenous STEM programs for delivery in regional NSW.
As the Indigenous STEM Education Team Leader, you will have an immediate focus on engaging with local stakeholders to develop and launch the program in regional NSW. You will contribute to the leadership and growth of the program with particular focus on the day to day running of the program through operational planning and reporting and managing a small team of Project Officers.
As the successful candidate, you will build and maintain strong and respectful relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and other stakeholders as well as providing support to the Program Manager, Generation STEM in the professional management of the program’s people, resources and activities.
Your duties will include:
- Managing the program's operational planning and processes, including monitoring performance and identifying issues and opportunities.
- Contributing in a collegiate manner to strategic planning with the program and wider CSIRO Education and Outreach team to ensure opportunities for partnerships and engagements are developed and prosper.
- Leading the co-design program elements and delivery relationships at local levels within Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Establishing, maintaining and fostering ongoing and culturally respectful relationships with schools, families, communities and other stakeholders.
- Understanding and following appropriate protocols when working and communicating with Aboriginal communities and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Assisting with preparing reports and responses to internal and external requests e.g. requests for information.
Location: Sydney – other locations in NSW will be considered
Salary: AU$98k - AU106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 31st December 2023
To be considered you will need:
- A qualification in education (any STEM areas), social work, youth work or psychology or equivalent relevant work experience.
- A history of developing and/or delivering STEM programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies, cultures and the issues affecting these cultures in Australian society as well as a demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to set up and maintain effective and efficient work teams and manage performance and resources.
- Good project management skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple workstreams with competing deadlines and lead a complex long-term project with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and consultation skills.
- A valid Australian Class C driver's licence and to be willing and able to travel locally and within New South Wales.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent and have a valid Working with Children Check or the willingness and ability to gain one.
This position is identified - applicants will be required to provide a cultural referee as part of their application.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role. There are also some free text screening questions to address as part of the application process.
8th March 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 08 Mar 2021
- NSW - Sydney
- AU$98k - AU106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: