Postdoctoral Fellow in Cloud-based Genomics - [Archived Advertisement]
Postdoctoral Fellow in Cloud-based Genomics
- Do you have an interest in LifeSciences or cloud-based genomics?
- Use your skills to carry out innovative and impactful research
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
We are seeking to appoint a PhD qualified Bioinformatician to join the Genomics Insights Team. As the successful candidate you will have advanced programming and cloud-computing experience as well as developed practical applications in genomics for Health or LifeSciences.
Together we will improve health outcomes for Australia by revolutionizing the use of genomics and cloud-computing in the clinical practice.
Your duties will include:
- Carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Develop innovate concepts, theories, tools and techniques related to genome analytics and variant prioritisation.
- Undertake regular reviews of relevant literature and patents.
- Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in peer-reviewed journals, client reports, blog posts, YouTube videos and granting of patents.
Salary: AU$83,687k – AU$94,679k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Bioinformatics, IT or Statistical Genetics.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Practical experience in genome analytics such as NGS analytics, GWAS or eQTL; and/or cloud applications in humans.
- Evidence of advanced data analytics and programming capabilities in more than one language relevant for bioinformatics (e.g. Python, Java, C++, Scala, BASH, R, Julia) and ideally across multiple cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 28 February 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 28 Feb 2021
- AU$83,687k – AU$94,679k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Research Assistants and Fellowships