- Use your skills to support food processing and pilot plant activities
- Provide general laboratory and scientific technical support
- Join CSIRO and add value to Australia’s primary food industries!
CSIRO Agriculture and Food is seeking a motivated Research Technician – Food Research with laboratory skills in food science and/or analytical chemistry to join the Food Materials Team. As the successful candidate, you will work as part of a team supporting food processing/ pilot plant activities, as well as providing general laboratory and scientific technical support in analytical chemistry and biochemistry. The work will support strategic and applied research, development and innovation, directed at adding value to Australia’s primary food industries, in particular, the meat industry.
Your duties will include:
- Under direction, taking responsibility for the efficient planning, scheduling and execution of a wide range of research projects in the general laboratories and food processing pilot plant.
- Performing general laboratory duties such as cleaning, operation and maintenance of laboratory wares, analytical equipment and its software maintaining safe working practices.
- Purchasing consumables and maintaining equipment in a timely manner to guarantee the completion of experimental work and procedures
- Undertaking experiments, laboratory analyses or technology development activities using a range of techniques such as low field NMR and texture analyses.
- Supporting the team in engagement with external clients and contributing to writing project reports.
Location: Cooper Plains, Brisbane QLD
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in food science and technology, product development or chemistry or equivalent relevant work experience.
- A sound understanding of and demonstrated capability in laboratory skills in food science and/or analytical chemistry.
- General knowledge of food processing and food processing operations.
- A history of developing methods and overcoming technical and practical problems in the areas of physical/analytical chemistry and food processing operations.
- Demonstrated ability in aspects of project management such as scheduling, monitoring and completing tasks and to be able to work on a number of projects concurrently.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary regionally dispersed research team.
- A current Australian driver's licence.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
13 December 2020, 11:00 pm AEDT
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.