- Learn while you earn
- Achieve a National Certificate qualification
- Great work environment for people starting their careers
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Traineeship Program is an initiative of the CSIRO Indigenous Engagement Strategy which seeks to significantly increase Indigenous employment nationally within CSIRO. Through this strategy, CSIRO aims to enhance the educational, employment, training and career development opportunities for people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
An opportunity exists for a trainee to join CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS) to undertake a workplace-based traineeship. In this role you will be the first point of contact for staff and visitors at the Australian Tropical Sciences & Innovation Precinct (ATSIP), Townsville. In this role you will provide high quality administrative support to CBIS, with a focus on quality customer service - on the phone, in correspondence, and in person.
Over the course of the traineeship, the successful applicant will undertake on-the-job training and complete a Nationally Accredited Qualification relative to their position. The course fees for this qualification will be paid for by CSIRO. Upon successful completion of the training package the trainee will be considered for further employment with CSIRO subject to the availability of a position.
Your duties will include
- Providing reception services, including answering face-to-face and telephone enquiries from the public, staff and visitors.
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail and freight.
- Providing support to workshops, meetings and seminars.
- Managing and ordering bulk paper supplies, stationery and kitchen supplies.
- Other day-to-day administrative tasks and general office duties as required.
Location: Townsville (ATSIP), QLD
Salary: $23,459 to $26,001 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Duration: Specified term of approximately 12 months depending on course of study
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Open to people of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent (Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent will be required prior to confirming the traineeship).
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
You will be requested to provide:
- A resume and cover letter advising why you are interested in the traineeship with CSIRO; and
- Confirmation of Aboriginality and/or Torres Strait Islander descent (this can be provided later if necessary).
06 May 2019