- Create and support partnerships between volunteer STEM Professionals and teachers
- Join a national team implementing the STEM Professionals in Schools program
- Make a difference to STEM education in Australian schools
CSIRO Education and Outreach’s STEM Professionals in Schools is seeking a dynamic, motivated individual with strong interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills for the role of Project Officer.
You will be part of a national team implementing the successful STEM Professionals in Schools program. This program creates and supports partnerships between volunteer teachers and STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) professionals, an initiative which brings real-life STEM practice into primary and secondary classrooms around Australia.
Your duties will include
- Creating partnerships between volunteer teachers and STEM professionals.
- Initiating and maintaining contact with program participants and providing ongoing support to partnerships.
- Assisting with the development of content, organising and delivering virtual and face to face events such as networking sessions and workshops.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of relevant networks with local STEM and education organisations.
Salary: AU$62k - AU$79k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term till 30th June 2020
To be successful you will need
- A tertiary qualification in a STEM field, Education (primary and/or secondary), and/or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Broad experience working with STEM professionals and teachers and an understanding of the current issues facing school science, mathematics and ICT education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for a range of audiences and in a variety of formats, including with individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including experience with negotiation and representation.
- Strong organisational and time management skills and excellent administration skills, including extensive experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and as a member of a team, and demonstrated capacity for initiative and self-motivation.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
31 March 2019