- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Education Outcomes
CSIRO are looking for an Education Engagement Manager to work as part of a collaborative team, and contribute to the leadership and growth of the STEM Professionals in Schools program with particular focus on increasing external engagement and participation in the program. The Education Engagement Manager will engage with and build ongoing relationships with departments of education, education organisations and associations, primary and secondary schools, teachers, and universities to increase participation, promote the success of their partnerships, increase longevity and sustainability of partnerships, and provide support for the regional project team.
Your duties will include
- Identifying and progressing opportunities to build the program through establishing relationships with departments of education, professional associations, universities, schools, principals and teachers to achieve outcomes of benefit to CSIRO Education and our partners
- Taking the lead in identifying solutions to encourage participation within the education sector nationally and supporting these partnerships to promote their success and longevity
- Contributing in a collegiate manner to strategic planning with the program and wider CSIRO Education and Outreach (CEdO) team to ensure opportunities for partnerships and engagements to develop and prosper
- Take the lead in managing the development of contractual arrangements between CSIRO, and parties, as required.
- Contribute to research and evaluation processes for the program and wider CEdO initiatives.
- Establish and maintain effective ongoing relationships with all STEM Professionals in Schools team members, working together to achieve the programs key deliverables
Location: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne preferred
Salary: AU$97K - AU$105K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term until 30/06/2020
To be successful you will need
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience and analytical skills to identify a mutual alignment of interests across multiple stakeholders, with the ability to effectively communicate with the education sector about the program benefits
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including experience with negotiation and representation, and proven ability to establish and maintain strong and productive relationships and networks to achieve outcomes working collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills in the management of multiple and diverse clients and stakeholders, including the ability to deal with incomplete information, ambiguity, urgency and complexity when developing appropriate responses and strategies
- Proven ability to work with and influence critical stakeholders, along with well-developed communication and negotiation skills specific for managing engagement with the education sector
- High level problem solving skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and manage risks and to develop appropriate evidenced-based solutions.
- A valid Working with Children Check or equivalent or the willingness and ability to gain one
- A valid National Police Check or the willingness and ability to gain one.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
22:59 AEDT 17 February 2019