- Be part of Generation STEM and help to retain students in STEM pathways!
- Can you develop and deliver training resources for NSW teachers?
- Join CSIRO and make a difference to STEM education in NSW schools!
CSIRO’s Generation STEM, an exciting $25 million ten-year initiative funded by the NSW Government through SIEF, is launching a program aimed at boosting science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) skills in secondary school students in the state. We are seeking an experienced professional to join the team as a Project Officer.
In this dynamic role, you will initially deliver and grow the program’s Western Sydney component. Working with partner schools and industry organisations, you will support their involvement in the program through the development and delivery of training, workshops and events. You will also create and support partnerships between industry professionals to act as STEM mentors to teachers. Your ability to form strong stakeholder relationships coupled with excellent communication skills will be critical to your success in this role.
Your duties will include
- Delivering Generation STEM's activities in collaboration with internal and external program teams.
- Proactively engaging with relevant organisations enabling them to join the program.
- Building strong relationships with participating schools and organisations and provide them with the support they need to participate effectively.
- Creating and supporting partnerships between teachers and industry professionals.
- Developing, coordinating and implementing training workshops including teacher professional development and industry based school activities.
- Contributing to the collection of monitoring and evaluation data, management of budgets and reporting as required.
Location: Sydney (North Ryde) NSW preferred, other NSW locations by negotiation
Salary: AU$82k - AU$93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A relevant qualification coupled with experience delivering STEM content in secondary school and / or experience in the school VET sector.
- Experience in the development and facilitation of training for teachers – especially inquiry based learning - coupled with an understanding of how to align the training to the Australian Curriculum.
- Good oral and written communication skills for a range of audiences and in a variety of formats, including with individuals and groups.
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience and analytic skills to identify mutual alignment of interests across multiple stakeholders, with the ability to effectively communicate the program benefits.
- The ability to travel locally as required.
- A current full Australian driver's licence, a valid Working with Children Check or the willingness and ability to gain one, and to consent to a National Police Check.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
28 January 2019