- Are you a motivated, early career scientist with experience and interest in Telemedicine?
- Do you have, or will shortly obtain, a PhD in medicine or a relevant discipline area, such as telemedicine or digital or medical informatics
- Join Australian e-health Research Centre, part of CSIRO Health & Biosecurity in Perth
The successful candidate will work as part of the Australian e-Health Research Centre’s Telemedicine and mobile health team in Perth. Two of the main areas of research are dentistry and ophthalmology.
Your duties will include
- Under the direction of senior research scientists, carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Conduct research on telemedicine and evaluate new delivery modes in dentistry, ophthalmology and other applications. The focus will also be on developing cost effective delivery modes including mobile phone based imaging and transmission of medical images.
- Undertake regular reviews of relevant literature patents
- Possess the discipline to carry out autonomous research, produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in quality journals, for client reports and granting of patents.
- Prepare appropriate conference papers and present those at conferences as agreed with your supervisor.
Location: Perth, WA
Salary: AU$82,450 - AU$93,280 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including at national and international conferences.
- A record of publications in quality, peer reviewed medical and technical journals.
- Experience in developing MEDICAL diagnostics, telemedicine systems and mobile health systems.
- Experience in research publications, grant applications, mentoring and supervision of students.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
- PhD in Medicine
- Knowledge and experience in disease, treatment and imaging methods (e.g. ophthalmology, dentistry, etc.)
- Experience with HL7, DICOM and other imaging standards
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in medicine or a relevant discipline area, such as telemedicine or digital or medical informatics.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of relevant postdoctoral experience.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: Wednesday 21 November, 2018