- Do you want to encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students to engage with STEM?
- Three positions available
- Join CSIRO Education & Outreach and make a difference!
CSIRO Education and Outreach is seeking to appoint three Coordinators for the Inquiry for Indigenous Science Students (I2S2) program.
You will join a national team delivering the I2S2 element of the Indigenous Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Education Project into schools. You will work with teachers and Indigenous students implementing student-centred inquiry-based STEM projects in schools and nurturing and encouraging students’ interest in STEM.
With the support of the BHP Billiton Foundation, we aim to increase the participation and achievement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in STEM through the Indigenous STEM Education Project.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this role.
Your duties will include:
- Contributing to the ongoing improvement and delivery of teacher professional development on student-centred, inquiry-based STEM projects in an Indigenous context in schools.
- Working with teachers to facilitate the implementation of student-centred, inquiry-based STEM projects in an Indigenous context in schools.
- Assisting in the development and refinement of customised resources to support the implementation of Inquiry for Indigenous Science Students.
- Working with schools and clusters to develop and implement customised work plans.
Salary: $80k to $91k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 31st August 2019
Job reference: 58055
To be successful, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant area such as education or science or relevant work experience.
- The ability to travel interstate and locally as required.
- A valid Working with Children Check, or state-based equivalent, and a National Police Check, or the willingness and ability to obtain these checks and a current driver's licence.
- Experience working with, or developing, education programs or resources in an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander context.
- An understanding of the Australian Curriculum, and issues facing school science education for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies, cultures and the issues affecting these cultures in Australian society.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 58055. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications close: Sunday, 26th August 2018