- Are you a talented law student looking to get hands-on work experience?
- Work with CSIRO's legal team
- Apply for a CSIRO Vacation Scholarship today!
Our Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships are run over the Australian summer holidays and offer high achieving and promising undergraduate students the opportunity to work on real-world problems in a leading R&D organisation. Placements are full time and will typically begin in late November or early December 2018 and can be from 8 to 12 weeks in length. The CSIRO Legal team have the following vacation scholarship available:
Project Title: Legal
Location: Clayton (Melbourne), VIC
Scholarship: $1,536.81 per fortnight
The Legal Scholarship recipient will have the opportunity to gain experience working in an “in house” environment with CSIRO’s legal team. CSIRO’s legal team provides high quality professional legal services to CSIRO, assisting the organisation to tackle big challenges through science technology and innovation, deliver value to customers in industry, government and the community and create lasting positive economic, environmental and social impacts for Australia.
Activities will include a mix of the following activities:
- Research tasks on legal issues relevant to CSIRO’s collaborative research and development and commercialisation activities.
- Contract review, analysis and drafting.
- Assistance with business improvement activities, such as contract precedents, knowledge management and training materials.
Students will have the opportunity to give a short presentation at the end of the program.
Relevant Fields of Study
Contact: For more details please contact Jonathan Fenwick by phone on (03) 9545 2976.
To be eligible to apply you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or an international student who has full work rights for the 8 to 12 weeks duration (does not require visa sponsorship).
Vacation scholarships are open to students who:
- are currently enrolled in a law degree at an Australian university;
- are due to complete their law degree this year (however exceptional students with a later completion date may be considered); and
- have a strong academic record (credit average or higher)
Preferably, applicants will also be enrolled in or have completed a science, IT or similar degree or who otherwise have a demonstrated interest in science and innovation.
How to apply:
You will be required to:
- submit a resume/cover letter (as one document) which includes:
- the reasons why the research project/s you have selected are of interest to you; and
- how your skills/knowledge and experience meets the eligibility requirements.
- upload your academic results in the ‘Requested Information’ field.
If you experience difficulties applying online call 1300 984 220 and someone will be able to assist you. Outside business hours please email: email@example.com.
About CSIRO: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia’s national science agency. At CSIRO we shape the future. We do this by using science to solve real issues. Our research makes a difference to industry, people and the planet. Find out more at http://www.csiro.au/.
Applications close on: Monday 6 August 2018