- Do you have a strong understanding of the research sector?
- Do you enjoy networking in government, industry and academia at a senior level?
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. Bringing together CSIRO’s Productivity team and National ICT Australia (NICTA), we are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace. The combined group will bring together approximately 600 research staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 will continue to develop Australia’s future leaders with its strong 400+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Core to Data61’s strategy is to establish the organisation as a network “D61+”, operating within the ecosystem of Australian innovation, but with global context. As a network, Data61 will create value for many different organisations and individuals – each with different ambitions, resources, challenges and objectives. Our stakeholders will include government, corporates, entrepreneurs, universities, board members, start-ups, students, investors and researchers.
The Data61 Partnerships Manager – Universities will assist the Partnerships Lead with developing and implementing the partnership programs between Data61 and Universities (including collaboration around the D61+ Platform suite). The role requires a well networked, entrepreneurial and creative thinker with outstanding communication skills (with both technical and non-technical audiences). The ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at senior levels is critical, as is the ability to implement innovative models for partnership and collaboration.
This position will report to the Partnerships Lead, with input from the marketing, science, product and BD&C strategies for the organisation.
Location: Canberra, ACT preferred; Sydney, NSW and Melbourne, VIC also considered.
Salary: AU $131K - AU $145K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 1 year
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering/computer science/science/business or equivalent.
- Well-developed networks in government, industry and academia at senior levels
- A strong understanding of the research sector (ideally developed through the completion of higher degree research)
- Proven experience in developing and implementing program strategies and/or developing innovation platforms, gaining support from senior management and relevant stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial and creative thinker with broad skills and understanding around business and technology
- Outstanding communicator with technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to manage key relationships internally and externally
- Ability to manage periods of change, uncertainty and conflict
- Strong decision making and influencing skills with an ability to deliver decisions based on sound reasoning.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, ensuring that you have provided enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will close 10:59pm AEST on Monday 21st May 2018.