Are you passionate about using science and engineering to ensure Australia’s bright future?
Do you embrace disruptive thinking to remodel legacy approaches to large scale problems?
Do you have the focus and humility necessary to represent Australia’s national science agency?
As the Chief Scientist you will be CSIRO’s chief ambassador, thought leader, and champion communicator of solutions from science to key stakeholders in Australia and internationally, with connection to Australia’s government network of chief scientists, national and global academicians and thought leaders, industry chief technology officers, and other partners in science. Reporting to the CEO you will provide input to CSIRO’s research direction to ensure alignment with CSIRO’s market vision, broader national research objectives and the innovation sector including universities and industry.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Championing excellent science
- Impactful science leadership
- Capability leadership
- Engagement and partnerships
- Being a trusted advisor, coach and mentor
Salary: An attractive salary package negotiable
Term: 3 years with potential to renew
To be appointed you will have:
- Achieved science eminence with significant relevant experience at senior leadership level.
- Ability to provide strategic and visionary leadership with world class science leadership in complex environments.
- Experience forging strategic partnerships internally and externally.
- Leadership attributes including collaboration, influence and inclusiveness that creates and leads positive transformation.
- A track record of dealing effectively with diverse stakeholders including boards, government, industry, research bodies and agencies, and the general public.
- A history of supporting senior/executive leaders that optimises positioning, organisational alignment and science delivery in the national interest.
- Behaviours that are exemplary and that actively promote collaboration and consultation.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
Find out more! Click on Position Details
How to apply: Please provide one PDF document containing your CV and cover letter and apply online by clicking the Apply link either in Jobs Central (internal applicants only) or via CSIRO Careers/ Current Vacancies.
Closing date: Thursday 19th April (11.30 pm AEST)