- Do you have a passion for student engagement and recruitment?
- Can you help CSIRO to increase the number of students we host?
- Join our Student and Early Career Experience team today!
We are seeking to appoint an experienced administrator with excellent stakeholder engagement and organisational skills to support to the Student and Early Career Experience Manager. You will directly engage in activities to continually improve the student and early career researcher experience across the entire lifecycle, e.g. sourcing, recruitment, time with CSIRO and post-cessation connection through Alumni.
The Student and Early Career Program Office complements the Industrial PhD Program and will provide support to students engaged in that program along with other CSIRO-hosted students. This role will support activities to achieve the aims set forth under Strategy 2020 and the Collaboration Hub initiative.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide administrative assistance to support the activities of the Student and ECR Program Office
- Act as a point of contact for staff involved in higher degree research (HDR) student engagement in CSIRO
- Undertake research and analyse data relating to students, PDFs and ECRs to support the development of consistent organisational approaches to recruiting and managing these cohorts
- Assist with researching and developing policies, procedures and resources relating to students and early career researchers
- Work with relevant CSIRO offices and Business Units to improve student and PDF record capture, tracking and reporting
Salary: $80K - $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 2 years and 6 months
To be successful you will need:
- Experience in providing support to a Senior Manager in a fast paced and complex environment with strong organisational skills and an ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project; and in using TRIM and SAP
- Ability to undertake research and analyse data relating to matters that are complex, involve ambiguity and have multiple stakeholders.
- Competency and drive to work independently when required, manage competing demands, establish priorities, organise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to convey information and ideas, adapted to others’ needs and priorities where necessary, and establish effective interpersonal relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Find out more here! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 54841. You will be required to upload one document only containing your response to the selection criteria, cover letter, and CV/Resume.
Applications Close: 10:59 PM AEST, Sunday 25th March 2018