- Set the vision and strategy for Nutrition and Health research
- Lead a mission directed, multi-disciplinary team
- Join CSIRO’s Health and Biosecurity and make a difference
As the Research Director of Nutrition & Health you will report to the Director Health & Biosecurity and be responsible for impactful and client focussed programs that deliver innovative solutions through projects for industry, government and the community - by developing and managing a portfolio and pipeline of science, projects and external relationships. A key responsibility it to promote collaboration across boundaries to bring the best internal and external capability those projects and clients.
Key Result Areas are:
- Impactful science leadership
- Capability leadership
- Engagement and partnership
- Resource leadership including financial performance
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Salary: An attractive salary package is negotiable
Term: 3 years with the potential to negotiate a further term
To be successful you will have:
- An established reputation and credibility in the relevant science or domain, with evidence of effective world-class science, research or innovative leadership.
- Evidence of successful development and leadership of a pipeline and portfolio of science, research or innovation to the scale of the relevant research program.
- Evidence of strong external engagement skills and strategic relationship development and management that grows new impact opportunities and supports commercial outcomes.
- Ability to attract, retain, empower and develop world class talent and promote well being.
- Ability to manage financial performance and build a portfolio of clients and stakeholders relationships and commercial opportunities.
- Values and behaviours as a leader that promote productive collaboration.
Find out more! Click on Positions Description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
At CSIRO Health and Biosecurity we are working with our partners and assembling strong multidisciplinary research teams to tackle major national and international health and biosecurity challenges. In doing so we're protecting the health of our farming sector, environment, people, and our way of life. We have a total of four research programs across the business unit.
Please click Apply or go to the CSIRO Careers (www.csiro.au/careers), click on Current Opportunities and search for Reference 54221. Please upload one PDF document containing your CV and cover letter.
Closing date: Open until filled.